In honour of City Councillor Pam McConnell, the City of Toronto is launching the Pam McConnell Award for Young Women in Leadership. McConnell was an advocate who worked to create more social equity in Toronto. The nomination for award nominees is available online and will be open until Friday, February 8, 2019 at 11:45 pm.
The award acknowledges outstanding contributions by young woman in community-based programs as leaders who have inspired other young women and people to be more engaged in social change, equity work and community.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- The Award is open to young women residing in the City of Toronto, between the ages of 19 and 26
- demonstrated exceptional leadership skills through a proven track record of volunteer and/or paid work in the community-based sector
- shown a commitment to social justice work through creating or leading community-based
- programs or services for vulnerable youth or residents in Toronto
- inspired other young women through formal or informal mentorship.
For a complete list of criteria, to preview of the online nomination form and a list of last year’s winners please visit: https://www.toronto.ca/city-government/awards and for more information, contact email@example.com.