… a Resource and Support Network
The Parenting with a Disability Network (PDN) is a peer support and information-sharing network for parents and prospective parents with a disability. The aim of PDN is to develop consumer friendly approaches to parenting with a disability by providing opportunities for networking, peer support, information-sharing and education. We are in the process of evaluating and revitalizing the PDN and we want to hear from you! As a parent or prospective parent with a disability what brought you to this page? Are you looking for:
- In-person parenting support groups?
- One-to-one support?
- An online pregnancy and parenting support/discussion forum?
- Resources on parenting with a disability?
- Workshops and seminars?
- Research and development of new models of support for parents with a disability?
- A directory of services in Toronto that support parenting with a disability?
- Something else?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to share what you are looking for and help us build PDN programming.
Some of the publications are available in digital format free of charge. Please consider making a donation to CILT via Canada Help.
- The Parenting Book for Persons with a Disability: from planning your family to raising adolescents (1999)
- Nurturing Assistance: A Guide to Providing Physical Assistance for Parents with Disabilities (2002)
- SCHOOL YEAR CHRONICLES: A Personal Collection of Your Child’s School Year Memories” (2009)
Visit the Parenting Resources page.